Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Whoooohooo!

We had a slightly warmer day today, -6°F, so I went on a 4.5 mile run with two of my running buddies. There is something wildly exhilarating about doing an activity that most people think is absolutely bonkers. As we ran past the windows of our huge office building, I found myself cheering, shouting, and pumping my fist at the people staring from inside. Running buddy Paul pointed out that I would probably be less rambunctious if I didn't have a ski mask on, covering my face -- and my identity. Nevertheless, it was fun.

I managed to hold a 7:15/mile pace most of the time. Usually, it bothers me to do anything slower than 7:00 -- but given the hard to breathe air and the treacherous ice on the path, I was content. I'm planning to make a post very soon regarding my thoughts on winter running gear, as I am really starting to appreciate it's value.

No comments:

Post a Comment