Monday, December 15, 2008

Intro. Who is this guy?

Hi. I'm Jeremy from Minnesota, but you can call me Footracer J. I am a runner in his early 30s with aspirations to become a competitive racer and not just a guy that enters races. I intend for this blog to be entertaining and funny, but also informative and motivating.



Here I am being a stupid racer in a recent 5K run. I'm waving, yes, but the foolish thing is that I am dead tired in that photo; running completely outside of myself and I'm not even finished with mile 1 yet. You can tell by the way my head is tilted to the side and tucked down -- I'm hurtin' bad. I finished that first mile in 5:47...and the next 2 were closer to 7:00. You'd think I'd have learned by now, how to pace.

Anyhow, some running buddies of mine encouraged me that I can get to the point where 5:47 is my "easy" sustainable pace -- so thus begins my journey. I will try to document it with flare, wit and consistency.

1 comment:

  1. It didn't help as we were all yelling and encouraging you! So you just had to wave!

    ReplyDelete