Monday, February 2, 2009

Short weather.

Wow! It got in the upper 30 degrees here and I decided to celebrate by running in shorts. It felt really nice to have this little taste of leg freedom so I went 6 miles. I got some really funny looks as I barreled down the road, bare legs contrasting (or maybe not so contrasting) against the white snow. A few guys on snowmobiles in full snow gear drove by me and also seemed very startled by my appearance. I feel I should point out that I live in a relatively rural area. So, for most of these good folks, seeing a grown man running for the sake of exercise (let alone at a fast racing speed) seems very frivolous. A few of them might even think the word "cardio" means the radio that sits in the dashboard of your Chevy. Ba Boom *ching* (I just made that one up).

Anyhow, it's back down to single digit temps and I'm back in all my cold weather clothes. I'm extremely grateful for the low temp gear, but can't wait until I can pack it away for 6 or 7 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment