Saturday, January 24, 2009

Better Running

We had some warmer weather this week and I actually got to run on some open tar. What a huge difference that makes compared to running on snow. My 1 mile split times were at least a minute faster. I ran six days in a row this past week, so I feel like I'm really getting into racing shape.

I also tried a new style of workout to help increase lactate threshold, or as I like to think of it, improve the speed your body considers "normal running". This workout consisted of 20 second sprints with 1 minute of jogging between each. To me, it like telling your body, "no, THIS, is running fast, so unless I'm running THIS fast, don't you panic".

I also got a new pair of shoes: Mizuno Wave Universe 2. They are extremely light shoes (4 oz.) and very minimal. I want to keep them nice for a while, so I'll probably only wear them when I'm not going to be on snow. I am pretty excited about trying them out though -- they are definitely the most comfortable running shoes I've had.

Keep running...

No comments:

Post a Comment