Friday, January 9, 2009

Keeping the momentum

I managed to somehow maintain a decent training routine over my two week Christmas break. It was pretty tough going, with a lot of cold days and a lot of icy roads. It's hard to really get good fast runs in with slippery running surfaces. For the cold temperatures, having the right gear seems to mostly eliminate the problem -- though breathing hard can be an issue. I refuse to acknowledge a day where weather would prevent me from running.

By the way, the Under Armour full hood is definitely the most underrated piece of cold weather gear for running. That thing is a life saver in the extreme cold; even though it looks like a ninja mask.

Some of my running buddies have been getting injured, or trying to recover from old injuries, which is a bummer.

I was down for the count with a pretty nasty cold for a few days earlier in the week, but started running again when I felt I was on the tail end of the illness.

I really do look forward to some 40 degree days where I can feel the air on my legs while tearing down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment